Finding a permanent solution to a mosquito infestation can be tough, but not impossible. Through the use of professional-grade traps and sprays, professional pest control companies can set up effective shields against infestation, while also treating a current outbreak of mosquitoes.
How Do You Know if You Have a Mosquito Infestation?
Mosquitoes will typically lay their eggs in standing water outdoors, such as birdbaths or rain barrels. Any places where water can collect and become stagnant are prime egg-laying spots for mosquitoes outdoors.
Mosquitoes can also lay their eggs indoors, although it is less common. Typically, they will lay their eggs on moldy or damp surfaces.
How Harmful Can a Mosquito Infestation Be?
For Your Home
Most mosquitoes will most likely not damage your property. Although, some mosquitoes like the Aquatic Midge can do damage to paint and stucco, so it is important to identify what kind of mosquito you are dealing with.
For Human Beings
Mosquitoes can carry a variety of different life-threatening viruses. These viruses are transferred to human beings through a bite from a mosquito. Some of the viruses are:
What are the Most Permanent Treatment Methods for a Mosquito Infestation?
The most effective and permanent treatment option for a mosquito infestation is the use of mosquito traps in conjunction with mosquito sprays. Both offer long term prevention of mosquito infestation:
- Traps will be able to infect the larvae of breeding mosquitoes, killing them before they get a chance to pupate. Some traps can cause breeding mosquitoes to carry harmful mosquito-killing agents around with them, causing them to infect other mosquito breeding grounds outside of the trap.
- Sprays will be applied to surfaces in and around the area of an infestation. When mosquitoes come in contact with these surfaces, they will die. This can set up an effective shield against pests inside your home or out in your yard.
Preventative Measures Against Mosquito Infestation
Inside Your Home
- Fix any gaps in your stucco and walls – mosquitos are small and nimble, allowing them to get into hard-to-reach areas and breed. Fixing cracks and crevices around your home will ensure that mosquitoes do not get into an area where you cannot treat the infestation with pest control methods.
- Make sure you have screens on all of your windows and doors to prevent mosquitoes from entering your home.
In Your Yard
- Cover all rain barrels and garbage cans. Eliminating standing water in your yard will reduce the number of places that mosquitoes can breed.
Professional Treatment Solutions for Mosquito Infestations
Sprays for Indoors
- Foggers and aerosols can be used indoors to kill airborne mosquitoes. These products are harmful to humans and pets when they are breathed in, so your home must be vacated while the products dry.
- Sprays can be applied to the surfaces where mosquitoes rest. Mosquitoes will die when they come in contact with these surfaces. It is safe to use sprays while you and your pets are home.
- Pest control professionals will focus on the areas that the mosquitoes are breeding or tend to gather. Usually, these areas are dark, damp, and humid.
Sprays for Outdoors
- Foggers and aerosols can also be used to kill airborne mosquitoes outdoors. Since these products will dissipate quickly outdoors there is no need to vacate your home.
- Sprays can be applied to the surfaces where mosquitos rest and will kill them when they come into contact with a surface that has been sprayed.
- Pest control professionals will use methods that will deter mosquitoes from breeding in the same place again, effectively setting up a shield for your yard through sprays and traps.
Professional Mosquito Traps
Mosquito traps are a great way to achieve long-term prevention of infestation. Most mosquito traps (both professional-grade and store-bought) work by attracting mosquitos by scent, then either trapping them inside or allowing them to lay their eggs in an environment that will infect and kill the larvae.
One such trap is the In2Care Mosquito Trap. It is a unique tool that controls the breeding of mosquitoes, reduces populations, and prevents the transmission of diseases carried by mosquitos.
The In2Care trap attracts mosquitoes ready to breed through a special organic odor, then the mosquitoes will attempt to lay their eggs in the body of water inside the trap. There is special gauze inside the trap that the mosquito will land on which carries mosquito-killing powders. The mosquito will contaminate the water with these powders, and the larvae born in the trap will die before they pupate.
Booking Professional Treatment
If you are experiencing an infestation and want professional quality treatment, book an appointment here.